Business Finance Authority (BFA) was created in 1992 to foster economic development and create employment in New Hampshire. The BFA accomplishes these objectives by working with New Hampshire's banking, business, and economic development sectors to develop and implement programs which expand the availability of credit in the state. Our customers include manufacturers, small and medium-sized businesses, health providers, and non-profit educational and cultural organizations.
The BFA is located in Concord, NH, and has an immediate opening for a Senior Credit Officer to join our team.
Senior Credit Officer
The Senior Credit Officer is responsible for evaluating a wide variety of commercial loan requests, loan guarantee requests, and other credit related work. This work is the foundation of the approval/denial process across all BFA programs. The position acts as the primary point of contact for most BFA programs, and also serves as the primary portfolio manager, responsible for the health of the portfolio and producing all required reporting and information. The position recommends lending decisions both to the BFA Board of Directors and New Hampshire Executive Council.
The position also is responsible for representing the BFA to our partners as part of ongoing business development and outreach efforts, and is responsible for assisting with team goals, budgeting, system development, file maintenance, and developing policies/procedures.
- Assess the eligibility of potential applicants for BFA programs, using creativity and insight to maximize the customer service experience for borrowers and partners.
- Analyze credit data to provide independent judgment and analysis of the applicant's financial status and the degree of risk involved in extending credit or lending money.
- Analyze financial and other data to make a judgment about future growth and legitimacy of the applicants' business projections.
- After collecting and assessing financial information, identify key areas of risk and potential mitigation strategies.
- Lead the loan-approval process and prepare clear, concise and accurate credit summary reports that illustrate the analysis and include the degree of risk involved in extending credit or lending money.
- Work with BFA legal counsel to prepare loan closing documents and materials.
- Periodically review the loan-application process to improve both its effectiveness and access to credit for worthy borrowers.
- Manage the loan portfolio, including proactive management of delinquent accounts.
- For nonperforming loans, evaluate customer situations and recommend strategies for repayment.
- Maintain all customer files in clear order both physically and electronically.
- Regularly and proactively perform business development activities to educate key BFA partners on our programs and products.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Position Requirements/Preferences
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Preference for candidates with at least 5 years of experience as a credit analyst.
- Prefer candidates with broad experience in the lending field and who have worked in more than one lending institution.
- Commitment to the mission of the Business Finance Authority.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure, multi-task efficiently, and keep a sense of humor.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment and independently to analyze and solve problems.
- Ability to communicate well in writing and orally.
- Absolute commitment to protecting confidentiality.
- Advanced knowledge in Excel, Microsoft Office, and loan portfolio software.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Organized and systematic
- Detail and deadline-oriented
- Excellent communication skills and collaborative attitude
- Desire to grow and build new skills
- Commitment to the betterment of New Hampshire
Interested applicants may send a resume and cover letter, including salary expectations, to the Business Finance Authority at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.