The BFA's Business Energy Conservation RLF provides direct loans to improve energy efficiency in New Hampshire work places.
Want to improve the energy efficiency of your business and lower energy costs? Have you had trouble securing financing for the energy improvements? Then the Business Energy Conservation Revolving Loan Fund is designed for you.
Loans have flexible underwriting standards and loan terms. We will work with you to structure a loan package that will both reduce your energy consumption and immediately save your business money.
- Loans available to NH based businesses including non-profit 501(c)(3) organizations
- Business must exhibit a reasonable ability to repay the loan using either historical operating results or income projections
- Loan proceeds must be used to complete cost effective energy efficiency improvements
LOAN AMOUNTS AND TERMS
- The initial minimum loan amount is $100,000
- No minimum collateral coverage requirements, but the BFA will seek a security interest in all assets being financed
- Amortization periods and interst rates will be structured to reflect the payback for the improvements
- Loan terms will typically not exceed five (5) years
The BFA has received $2,000,000 from the NH PUC to capitalize the loan fund. Continued operation of the fund depends upon the recycling of loan principal repayments and additional appropriations from the PUC or other sources.
Each loan application will begin with an energy audit. If your business does not have a current energy audit, please contact the BFA and its staff will connect you with programs available through your local utilities and the NH Business Resource Center.